Friday, March 9, 2012

Hoping for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island #5) by Marie Force

**Hoping for Love is book #5 in The McCarthys of Gansett Island Series. While it is not necessary to read these books in order, the characters follow each other from one book to the next.**

Grace Ryan was always known as the "fat" girl for all of her life. Grace was always teased by her fellow classmates. Trying every diet known to man with no success, she opted for the lap band surgery. After losing 130 pounds and keeping it off, she is starting to have a little more confidence in herself. This of course leads her back into the dating pool. She starts dating this guy she has always had a crush on but things take a turn for the worse when he leaves her on Gansett Island without a penny to her name.

Meanwhile, Evan McCarthy is home on the Island helping his family with their Marina and waiting for his CD to launch. Evan was playing at the Tiki Bar when he noticed Grace crying. Evan comes to her rescue and falls completely head over heels for this woman. Something he swore would never happen. Evan makes it perfectly clear that he isn't into relationships. Grace makes it clear that a relationship is what she wants. Will Grace be enough to change is mind on the whole relationship thing? To find out read: Hoping for Love.

Evan and Grace's story only added to this amazing series!! Each new story that is added, brings not only a whole new romance but allows us to re-connect with the characters we came to love! This story in particular was brilliant! I found myself laughing at certain parts hysterically!

I almost feel as though I am part of the McCarthy clan. I feel as though I have experienced all their ups and downs. I laugh with them and I cry with them. I am looking forward to reading the next book, A Season for Love.

I rate this book 5/5!

No comments: