Monday, October 31, 2011

The Healing By Wanda E, Brunstetter

**This is the second book in the series. If you haven’t read the first, The Journey; you may not want to read this review**

According to Good Reads:
Seek a fresh start with Amish widower Samuel Fisher as he journeys from Lancaster County to Bluegrass Country, hoping to find a balm for the grief he’s carried with him. Will this single father, burdened by yesterday’s memories, discover a new and perhaps better life in Kentucky, the land of tomorrow? Esther Beiler, who helps watch Samuel’s children, develops a crush on Samuel and a true affection for his kids. Can she win his heart, or has she already lost it to an English woman? How will God untangle star-crossed lovers when jealousies and misconceptions threaten to tear them apart?

I think everyone at one point or another can relate to the grief and sorrow that Samuel is going through. His wife dies along with their unborn child. Any mans worst nightmare. After this tragedy, he is engulfed in grief and depression. I will admit, I was a little confused. I didn’t realize that this was the second book in a series; if I had I would have read the first one beforehand. However, even though I was slightly confused with some of the characters and the Kentucky/Pennsylvania story lines, I felt this was still a great book. This book takes you on a journey through the grief of losing someone you hold dear to your heart, but with the gracious help of God; the chance to heal all their pain in the hopes of finding love again.
I rate this book 4/5

No comments: