Saturday, February 11, 2012

Missing Your Smile by Jerry S. Eicher

**I received this book from Harvest House Publishers through NetGalley. I am not required to give a positive review, just an honest one**

 Susan Hostetler decides to leaver her Amish Community after her boyfriend, Thomas Stoll broke her heart. This begins Susan's journey in Asbury Park, New Jersey and the beginning of her new English life. In a short period of time Susan gets her GED, her driver's license, and falls in love with Duane. Meanwhile her parents miss her terribly and pray for her return home.


Just as Susan was settling into English life, she meets Teresa Long, an unwed mother to be. Teresa pleads with Susan to help her find a nice Amish family to adopt her baby boy. Little did Susan know that being drawn to Teresa would also keep her drawn to her Amish roots. Will Susan help Teresa find a nice Amish family to adopt her baby? Even if it means leaving Duane behind as well? To find out read: Missing Your Smile.


I really enjoyed this book. This is the first book that I have read by Jerry S. Eicher and I wasn't disappointed. Let's talk about the story. As the story unfolded, it was apparent that Susan was not completely ready to give up her Amish roots. Keeping that in mind, she was still willing to try. Hence, she received her GED and got her drivers license. I think Susan was a God sent to Robby throughout this story. She helped him in more ways than she could even imagine.


I enjoyed that there was more than one story line going on. Of course there was Susan's story, Susan and Duane, Susan and Laura, Susan and Robby, and of course Susan's parents story. All of which kept me wanting to turn the pages. 


The ending of the story has left me waiting to start the next book in the series, Follow Your Heart. I am curious to see what happens to Teresa as she enters the Amish Community. I am also curious to see what life has in store for Susan.


I rate this book 5/5!

No comments: